Saturday, September 3, 2011

The End of the Road


We have reached the end of the road. Here is David and Emma standing in front of our apartment door. Except for the few times Emma got sick in the back seat of the car, it was an uneventful trip....very interesting, but uneventful (which is how I like my air travel to be too).

While hurricane Irene was working its way up the coast, we were safely tooling around the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.  Now here in New Jersey, we see remnants of the hurricane.  I discovered yesterday that Quaker Road, the quickest way from our apartment to the Wal-mart/Target/Best Buy/ shopping district of Princeton is closed due to flooding.  

We are now busy moving in (or as I like to call it, “creating space”). School starts on Thursday for Emma. I need to return my attention back to my work.  And David needs to crank up his pseudorandom generators and randomness extractors and start his work (which means simply thinking on the couch with a note pad and pen).
 
To all of our dear friends in Austin: WE MISS YOU!  Keep the AC on for us. We will be back very soon.

Here is Emma sitting on 22 U-Haul boxes full of 704 pounds of life’s essentials. The apartments at the Institute are furnished, but residents provide the personal stuff that makes a house a home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't see the photo!