Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CT Scan Today


I have my first post-chemo CT scan today. My PET scan in January showed I was in remission. I will be having CT scans every 3 months for the next year to make sure a relapse is caught early.

So this morning I will drink 450 ml of barium sulfate suspension liquid in two separate doses – one 2 hours, then 1 hour before the scan. The barium bottle euphemistically says “Creamy Vanilla Smoothie.” The other choices were chocolate and strawberry. I actually like the label- an image of an old fashioned shake next to an outline of the digestive system. I was told that the barium tastes better cold and from a straw. As I remember, it isn’t all that bad-just a little odd tasting.

I have been feeling great, but I am a little worried what the CT scan might reveal. I am optimistic, but fear can immobilize if you let it.

I will get results in about a week or sooner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,

You're very brave, and I admire you for this. But, I am hopeful (and confident, too) that you will still be in remission.

Love, Tandy

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear the positive results.

Hugs,
Claudia