Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sarcoidosis in the news

Oh, so now everybody is talking about sarcoidosis, now that Bernie Mac died with complications due to pneumonia. He also had sarcoidosis, but it was in remission. Just a few days ago when I posted my entry about my sarcoidosis, it was a little known disease. Now, because of the press coverage, people are hearing about it for the first time and scrambling to understand. The articles I have read makes sarcoid seem worse than my experience. Perhaps I have a mild case of it. I hope the media spotlight on sarcoid will increase the possibility of research into this disease.

Here are some links for more information about sarcoidosis.

The Sarcoidosis Awareness Network

Sarcoid Networking Association

Janine's Sarcoidosis Outreach & Foundation

No comments: