Sunday, January 13, 2008

4th Round Down

I had my 4th chemo treatment on Friday. I was actually dreading it a bit. I get rather anxious and nauseous the day before each treatment. My body is now conditioned to feel sick just thinking about the infusion room. The actual infusion was uneventful. David and my mom were my chemo sitters.

I had a slow weekend. I am on quite a few anti-nausea medications, so I haven’t been all that sick, but I have been tired. The good news is that I only have two more treatments: Feb. 1 and Feb. 22. In a flash, this will all be over.



Not all of the medicines go through the IV machine. Adriamycin, also know as the “red” medicine, is pushed into the port by the nurse. This is the drug that makes the hair fall out. It is a vesicant, meaning that it can cause tissue damage and blistering if it escapes the vein. The toxicity of this medicine is why adriamycin is carefully given by a nurse. I love the red color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting... in nature, dangerous things are often brightly colored as well. How often is it that science mimics this?

Just think, Gigi- in one month and one week, you're DONE!!! :-D