Monday, January 21, 2008

Emma's Get Well Art

I have been able to sleep a little better. Food tastes like metal and the end of my fingers tingle. I get tired, but naps help. That's it. That's the update on how I am doing. Details about chemo side effects just do not make for good blogging material. Let me share something more interesting......Emma's art. Here are a few of her recent pieces.

Here is Emma's New Year's Day card to me.


Here is the other side of the above New Year's Day card. She drew me with hair. She said this was a picture of me when I am all better.






Emma drew this picture on the evening of my 4th treament when she spent the night with her "Huita" -- Emma's version of "abuelita" which is grandmother in Spanish.





Emma also made this card at Huita's house. For now, even cards for Daddy are about me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,

Emma puts a lot of work and emotions into her cards. Just as we write to you with the hope that you will somehow feel a little bit better, she is drawing the most beautiful pictures for you. You are a great mom and she loves you so much.

Best

Ebru

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,
Thanks for keeping this blog, and for putting up these beautiful pictures of Emma's art. She is such a sweet girl! Not surprising, obviously, given her parents.

Sorry to hear about the chemotherapy symptoms... I wasn't aware of them from my mother's experience. I hope they don't last long.

Love, Tandy

dquack said...

Were your ears burning today? In two of my classes we were discussing blogs and why people blog and I mentioned yours. Honestly, only one student knew you (then again, I have mainly PR students and I bet most don't know Bruce Renfro). However, all the students did seem moved about your cancer and blogging.

Anonymous said...

An article you may find useful. http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/01/28/hm.cancer.kids/index.html