Friday, February 22, 2008

Last Treatment

In about an hour, I will start my 6th and final chemo treatment. I circled this date on my calendar back in October when I was trying to figure out when all this would be over. I remember noting that February 22 would be Washington’s Birthday and thinking how far off that seemed.

My dear friend Ebru and her husband Hakan flew in from Istanbul, Turkey to be my final chemo sitters. Ebru and I met in grad school. One summer, we lived together in New York City in a very tiny one-bedroom apartment in the Village. Like so many of my friends, we laugh a lot.

More later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for earning your TShirt and graduating from the infusion room. Hallelujah - here's to a steady re-strengthening of your body. Your spirit is already strong! You are so loved by so many. I am so grateful to be your friend.
hugs from Lynda

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,

I wish I could celebrate with you!

Love, Tandy

Anonymous said...

You've survived what so many of us cannot fathom and you did so with grace, dignity and wonderful humor. We celebrate your last visit to the infusion room and we celebrate YOU!

:) Stella