Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pictures

A note about this blogging process... For someone who is generally more private than public, I feel this blogging seems a bit out of character for me. Yet, at the same time I have a real need to respond to all the inquiries about how I am doing. While I am trying to email everyone back and engage one-on-one, sometimes I just want to just write everything once. The other thing I am finding is that I am getting an emotional benefit from my virtual network of supporters. It is great to hear from everyone. And as always, writing is therapeutic for me. So in this spirit of communication, community, and therapy, I post some images of my life now.


Here I am smiling, wondering if I should be smiling given the circumstances.











Here I am with my very professional, caring oncology nurse, Stacy. If I look a bit tired, it is because I am bit tired. I just had 500 mg of chemotherapy pumped into me. My mom is looking on in the background.








This is a picture of the "infusion room" last Saturday morning when I had to go back for a shot and a saline fluid IV. David is standing in the background.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gigi.
So I THOUGHT I posted a comment last night. I should have known something would go wrong: 1 because I always get lost doing these types of things, and 2 because I got a message saying my note could only be 300 characters long, or some such. In any case, lost in a technology-ether is my 300-character-long message from yesterday. So sorry. So this one will be my very first ever real blog post! Thank you so much for GBB (Gigi's Beautiful Blog). I so appreciate being able to hear about, and now see, your experience. It really helps me feel closer to you as you travel so eloquently on this mean and unfair journey. David and I are thinking of you everyday. I look forward to reading more, or seeing your silence, if you don't feel like posting.
Love, Sally

Anonymous said...

Hey Gigi,

Will you be going through another round of chemo soon or is this it for a while? Are you experiencing any bad side effects other than feeling drained... or are you feeling pretty well under the circumstances?

Your in our prayers...

-iris

Tandy said...

Hi Gigi,

It's really great to see your photo, see where you are spending your time, and feel connected to you.

What do you do when you are getting your chemo? Read books? Talk to David?

I'm visiting Davis right now, and Nina Amenta and I were talking about how wonderful you are.

You're very much in our thoughts, and very much loved.

Tandy

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi -

Thank you for the posting those photos. Since we're so far away, and can't see you in person, it's a nice way for us to visit with you. (That's how they say it down South, right?)

Your comment about smiling and then editing yourself rang very familiar to me. At the risk of sounding sappy, I want to try to assure you that it's OK to feel whatever you feel, without editing for context-appropriateness. Any time you feel like smiling - or laughing, or acting silly, you just go ahead and let yourself do it. No apologies. At a time like this, I think such moments of surprising normalcy are precious, and that in some small way, they contribute to healing.

Speaking of which, here's a big virtual hug for you from both Roland and me.

VZ