Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yet More Good News

I found out yesterday the results of the bone marrow test and my doctor called this afternoon to confirm: the cancer has NOT gone to the bone marrow! This is very good news. Personally, I thought the cancer had made its way to my bones. I have been warning everyone that I thought the cancer was there. Not that I could feel something in my bones, but by thinking the worst, I was prepared for anything. If indeed the test was positive, I was already prepared. If the test was negative, then I would be pleasantly surprised. Early on we were getting hit with only bad news. I learned to accept the absolute worst scenario as a coping strategy.

My next chemo treatment will be on November 30. I will then have a CT scan on December 10 to evaluate my progress after two rounds of chemo. If my body is not reacting to the chemo after 2 treatments in Austin, then I will need to go to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston for further treatment. If I am not in complete remission after the 4th treatment, then I will need to go to MD Anderson at this point too. I am hoping I will get to stay in Austin and have all of this behind me by February 22, the date of my very last scheduled chemo infusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great news!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,

Your good news make me so happy... I was feeling a bit lost, helpless and distant, like all this is happening to someone I do not know personally. Maybe this is because I wish it were someone else and not you. This is too fast, too unexpected hence very cruel. And only when the news is good (like this one) I get to make the connection with you. By the way, your description of the green room-especially the last paragraph is excellent writing. I am very very impressed. Love from across the ocean...

dquack said...

That is such great news! Have a GREAT Thanksgiving.