Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm back!

I’ve been in a frenzy these last few days. In the last few months, David has been taking care of all the “must do” household duties. Everything else in our household has just slipped. A few days ago, I woke up feeling great with fire in my belly to get things done. With prayers from all the major world religions, in addition to lots of good healing thoughts coming my way, I just think, just think, I might be back to my old self again---pain free with the normal energy of a 40 something. I feel very fortunate.

So, I just mailed Emma’s birthday gift thank you notes (her birthday was Nov 7); I watered our almost dead plant; I recycled my junk mail; I returned the pantry to order; and I removed all the clutter from flat surfaces. These are the type of things that are not that important, yet drive me crazy when they are not done. It is actually therapeutic to restore order to my home.

I have a renewed feeling of motivation in my life. Beyond restoring order, I feel energized to fulfill all the “I wish I would haves” in my life that I was forced to contemplate just a few months ago when life seemed so fragile.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's awesome. And hey- if you're feeling THAT energetic, you're more than welcome to come to Boston and do all that at OUR house (I am quite possibly the world's worst housekeeper)!!

Happy New Year, Gigi - to you and "Zuck" and Emma!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gigi,

You make me feel guilty! I just lost a pair of shoes -a pair of Ferragamo (around the house, the office, some other place?) and has been frentically searching for them. It made me understand that keeping all your things in order is an art in itself. I am happy to hear that you are doing great and that you are in fact perfecting this mysterious art!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...I got cleaning fever a few days ago to get rid of all the junk off my tables. Now it get to do the same to my office on campus...ugh!