Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gigi Cancer Quiz

Hello All. After a bit of a blogging break, I am back at the keyboard….
I thought I would only be able to eat smoothies for Christmas because of mouth sores, but I have been spared all the pain in my mouth and throat this treatment round. And thanks to the steroids, I ate my mother’s Christmas dinner with the appetite of a truck driver.



I am now turning over the keyboard to David. As some of you know, David loves games and puzzles. David has made up a special “Gigi Cancer Quiz” for this posting. Enjoy.





1. Which of the following about Gigi's high school years is FALSE?
a. She played clarinet and saxophone in band.
b. She spent part of a summer at a writing camp.
c. She was on the volleyball team.
d. She was prom queen.

2. Gigi needs to go to the ER if her temperature is at least
a. 100.5
b. 101.5
c. 102.5
d. 103.5

3. Which type of dance class has Gigi NOT taken?
a. belly dance
b. flamenco
c. hip hop
d. jazz
e. salsa

4. Chemotherapy was developed
a. by British chemists in Africa.
b. for the last Czar of Russia.
c. from Chinese herbs.
d. from poisonous mustard gas in World War 1.

5. Gigi's
a. grandfather was a philosophy professor in Mexico City.
b. great-uncle was mayor of Mexico City.
c. cousin was Miss Mexico.
d. all of the above.

6. Lymphoma is cancer of the lymph glands. The lymph glands
a. produce lymph.
b. produce white blood cells.
c. trap infectious agents.
d. all of the above.

7. The number of oncologists who advised us, directly or indirectly:
a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 4

8. We were married by a(n)
a. Catholic priest
b. Protestant minister
c. Rabbi
d. Ethical Culture officiant
e. Justice of the Peace

9. The number of different nausea medications Gigi took this treatment round:
a. 0
b. 1
c. 2
d. 3

10. Which of the following is NOT something Emma says often:
a. "I'm as hungry as a hog."
b. "I'm never cold."
c. "Mama's my little cheeky baby."
d. "What can I do now?"
e. "What's on TV?"

Answers: 1b, 2a, 3c, 4d, 5d, 6d, 7d, 8d, 9d, 10e

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I scored an 8. Not bad for someone who's only met Gigi twice! :-D (I will confess I guessed on a couple of them and, being the daughter and wife of MDs, I got the medical questions right easily)

Happy New Year to you both, and may 2008 bring you much health and happiness!